The implementation of the ECOWAS card in the 15 member states of the Community presents a major challenge for some of the countries. However, if approached constructively, the project can become an opportunity to address a lot of issues related to the identification of their population, particularly by:
- linking the deployment of the card with the creation of a civil register
- allowing the ECOWAS card to serve as a national ID card (NIC)
- using the electronic properties of the card to set up e-government projects
- choosing an advantageous financing model
- entrusting all the operational aspects to an experienced partner.