- A biometric enrolment solution, based on Zetes’ standard enrolment kits and application software, adapted to the particular case of Cape Verde
- An AFIS server platform to be installed in Cape Verde
- A foundation for a new Cape Verdean Population Database
- A global solution (registration, centralisation, validation of biometric data, project management, training…) leveraging on Zetes’ unique People ID expertise and achievements in EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa)
Brussels-Praia – August 06, 2007 – In the context of next elections to be held in 2008, the government of the Republic of Cape Verde has decided to perform a biometric enrolment and registration of its voting population (approximately 330,000 citizens).
This project has been awarded to the Zetes Group (Euronext Brussels: ZTS) and will be executed by Zetes and its Portuguese subsidiary, Zetes Burótica, in the coming months.
Biometric kits, AFIS server and central database
Zetes’ voters’ enrolment solution to be delivered to the Cap Verdean Government will consist of:
- Zetes’ enrolment solution, including standard Zetes’ PRS application (Population Registration Software) and mobile biometric enrolment kits, adapted to the specific requirements of the Cape Verdean project (ICAO compliancy …)
- a central application and voters’ database, for consolidation and central control of data,
- an AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System) server platform, to be installed in Cape Verde, to process/inspect digital fingerprints
- the training of enrolment teams and technical support staff
- the project management, in Steering Committee with the DGAE (Direcção-Geral da Administração Eleitoral) and the NOSI (Núcleo Operacional para Sociedade de Informação), the operational nucleus of the interministerial Commission in charge of promoting and implementing the Information Society and e-government in Cape Verde, under direct control of the Prime Minister, José Maria Neves.
An extendable solution
The choice of Zetes by the Cap Verdean Governement and NOSI has been made on basis of various criteria such as the People ID expertise of its dedicated international Competence Centre, Zetes PASS (Personal Authentication and Security Services), its proven ability to manage nation-wide projects and to work in tight collaboration with local authorities and administrations, with successful achievements in Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA), in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Togo and Portugal, among references most relevant to the case of the Republic of Cape Verde.
Says Ronny Depoortere, Senior VP Zetes PASS: “This new project is one more confirmation of Zetes’ predominance in the specific People ID market, even if the financial amount is not substantial according to the size of the Cap Verdean population. It also confirms our ability to deliver global biometric solutions, including AFIS platform and central ICAO-compliant database”.
Says Manager of NOSI, Eng. Jorge Lopes: “In addition, the voters’ enrolment solution to be delivered by Zetes and the voters’ database to be built on top of it is extendable to other People enrolment/registration applications and can be a foundation for a new global Population database or National Registry, in the future”.